Are you a national of a European Union country?
As a European Union national you enjoy the same status as any Portuguese student, benefiting from the same conditions of admission to all courses offered by ISCTE-IUL.
For 1st cycle courses applications must be made through the National Application for Admissions to Public Higher Education
(Concurso Nacional de Acesso ao Ensino Superior Público - CNA), the main access to higher education in Portugal.
The information about the 1st cycle courses and the conditions of entry, can be obtained at the Office for Admissions to Higher Education (GAES/ISCTE-IUL) and at Admissions website.
Are you a non-EU national and have been legally residing in Portugal for more than 2 years and your parents as well?
In this case, you are equivalent to a European Union national and you enjoy the same status as any Portuguese student, benefiting from the same conditions of admission to all courses offered by ISCTE-IUL. Please read all the information above.
Can you benefit from the International Student Statute (ISS) at ISCTE-IUL?;
International students who do not hold a Portuguese or another European Union country
can apply under the scheme of the "International Student Statute (ISS)", a special admission contest for international students created in 2014 to regulate admissions to ISCTE-Instituto Universitário de Lisboa to 1st cycle courses (Undergraduate and Integrated Master degrees).
ISCTE - IUL is part of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). This means that the diploma you'll receive will be internationally recognised in most countries that are also part of the EHEA.
- applicants who are not enrolled at ISCTE-IUL as exchange students within the framework of academic exchange agreements with that aim;
- non-European Union nationals living legally* in Portugal for less than two years, uninterruptedly, on 31 August of the year in which they apply to ISCTE-IUL (also their parents must not live legally in Portugal for more than two years!);
- applicants who have two or more foreign nationalities, of which one corresponds to an EU State nationality, except Portuguese, can only apply if they do not reside permanently in that EU State;
- applicants who have not enter a Higher Education Institution trough the special access and admission competitions organised nationally by the Portuguese Directorate General for Higher Education (DGES);
* The time of the residence permit for studies does not count for the time of legal residence in Portugal.