International Cooperations Agreements
International cooperation is part of the broad strategic development of ISCTE-IUL. It is for this reason that international activity is very comprehensive and distinguished, covering European Union countries, Africa, Latin America and Asia.
Students can benefit during their studies, of an international exchange opportunity in one of the Higher Education Institutions counterparts in either the EU or in Third Countries, thus improving their employment expectations, often internationally.
Besides Erasmus Programme ISCTE-IUL offers students the opportunity to participate in a mobility outside Europe. To meet the offer, consult the list of international agreements here.
The application process for both programmes (Erasmus and International Agreements) is described in the Mobility Step-by-Step link.
It is important to note that there are no grants available for those students participating in the International cooperation agreement mobility.
Iberoamerican Scholarships Programme - Santander Universities
The Santander Bank through its Santander Universities Global Division promotes the Iberoamerican Scholarships Programme, a mobility programme that encourages and promotes student mobility among Iberoamerican universities from 10 different countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Spain and Uruguay.
- Promote the internationalization of academic activity;
- Create new areas of collaboration and reciprocity;
- Strengthen bilateral exchanges;
- Establish closer relationships between universities of Iberoamerican countries, through the construction of a knowledge socially responsible.
In 2013 the Santander bank has signed a strategic partnership with ISCTE-IUL, to award 5 scholarships, of €2.300,00 each, for one semester period at a partner University.
Conditions for participation
- Students must be enrolled at ISCTE-IUL, having obtained at least half of the credits or exceeded the first two years of their studies;
- The period of study abroad takes place in the second semester of the academic year 2013/2014 and may not exceed August 31st, 2014;
- The student who is selected to have a scholarship must complete a particular insurance coverage that includes: accidental death and disability, the care and repatriation of deaths from any cause and reimbursement of medical expenses and accidents;
- The student who is selected to have a scholarship should open a bank account at Santander.
- Registration and tuition fees at ISCTE-IUL must be regularized;
- Preference will be given to students with the highest averages and without overdue courses;
- Selection interview, if appropriate.
See the list of partner Universities here.
Applications will be accepted until June 30th, at 00h00.
Send the Application Form duly completed together with:
- Transcript of records (please request it in the Academic Services of ISCTE-IUL);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of Identity Card;
- Original photograph or color photocopy;
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email must have the subject "Iberoamerican Scholarships Programme Santander Universities 2013.2014 - Application". Documents shall be properly identified with the name of the prospective student, as indicated on the application form.
For more information about the program consult the regulation or contact email@example.com.